Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Weight Watchers Success Story

For those of you who don't know I am one of this months Weight Watchers Magazine Success Stories. (The July/August Issue on stands now!) I have used the Weight Watchers On-line system since January 2007. I love it for many many reasons, but the only one that's really important is this - it works. Plain and simple, if you honestly do it, you will loose the weight, and keep it off. I highly recommend it to anyone and everyone who has struggled to loose weight successfully.

So, how did this story happen? After I had lost most of my weight, my cousin Shelley approached me and told me she thought I should be a success story. I laughed at her, right in her face, and said "sure Shell", so she followed that up quickly with "if I write it will you submit it?" and I smiled and said "yup, sure!". Well folks, she did. She wrote an amazing story, and she picked out some pictures for me to include with it, so I submitted it. This was December 2008. I heard nothing, and put it out of my mind. Then four months later I got a call!

Liz, one of the magazine editors of the Weight Watchers Magazine called me and told me I had been selected as one of the success stories to appear the the magazine in 2010. She invited me to New York City the following week for a photo shoot. Yikes! I was sent a list of clothes to bring with me, undergarments to wear, and shoes and jewelry to have on.

Brad came with me to NYC, but I wouldn't let him come to the actual photo shoot. It was held in a flat in the middle of NYC near Times Square. I had a stylist who dressed me, as well as a make up artist. Fun! The day was incredibly fun. There were 6 of us "Success Stories" there at the same time, and it was fun to hear everyone stories and best tips. I was interviewed on video tape, photographed in a casual outfit, and photographed in a dressy outfit. Then we all changed back into our own clothes and walked down to the Weight Watchers Magazine HQ in NYC. We met everyone on the floor and got a complete tour. After the tour we sat down with the editors and VP's of Weight Watchers Magazine and Weight Watchers On-line for a brain storming session. What did we like? What did we hate? What was useful? What could they add? How could they make it better? It was so much fun to be a part of these discussions!

The Weight Watchers team also called me back in this past spring for auditions in a TV commercial. I went for two video taping but didn't make the final cut. :0) Which is probably good for all of us.

The Weight Watchers Experience is something I will never forget for the rest of my life. It's something I've done that I never dreamed possible, and something that pushes me to keep the weight off. A million thank yous to Shelley for believing in me. And a million thank yous to Weight Watchers for the amazing experience. These pictures are all from the shoot and the WW HQ tour.

Try it, it works.














No comments:

Post a Comment