Saturday, June 19, 2010

Happy Father's Day


I thought maybe this year things would be easier, but I still miss Dad so much it hurts. I see all of the Father's Day cards and balloons and feel sick to my stomach. I'm angry he's not here, and I'm very sad he's not here. And I'm sad there is nothing at all I can do to change that.

So here is my advise for all of you who still have your Dad's. Appreciate them. My Dad used to complain about everything, and I used to roll my eyes and wonder why he just couldn't be happy one day a year, and now, today, I would give just about anything to listen to him complain. Listen to them, talk to them, and be thankful if nothing else that they are still alive.

Secondly, take a photo of just you and Dad. Sure you can take group shots, but get one of just you and your Dad. If you are lucky enough to be a Dad take a picture with each of your kids, one at a time. As I have hunted through all of my own pictures and my Mom's I have found very very few pictures of my Dad and myself. Don't make the same mistake! It only takes a minute to snap a picture.

I wish everyone a wonderful Father's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment