Friday, May 28, 2010

Measure Up Bowls


I am proof that you can gain weight by eating too much healthy food. If you eat too many calories of anything you will still get fat, this is science, plain and simple.
I learned this the hard way of course. :0) When I first started dieting and eating better I traded desserts for a high fiber cereal after dinner. I was being healthy! And it still gave me the sweet fix I wanted at the end of the meal. But I didn't loose any weight. And so one day I realized, one serving of cereal was 3/4 cup, and I was eating at least 2 cups of cereal! Problem solved!
Well, not really.....you see, I'm just too lazy to measure my food. I am the queen of buying single serving sizes, even if they are more expensive. I know that I will eat more then one serving if I don't, and I know I wont measure the food. So instead I stopped buying cereal. Until now....

Last week I read in Health magazine about these "Measure Up Bowls". They are nice looking, pretty bowls, that have measurements on the insides of them. So you don't have to measure and then transfer to another bowl to eat. They are microwave and dishwasher safe. And they are cute! I ordered one the next day and it came in the mail on Tuesday. ($20) I love these bowls. It's so much easier to just put something in the bowl and not have to guess about the size of the portion, it's right there. And the markings are discreet, so you could use it when you have guests over and most wouldn't know the difference, but you could still stop at 2 cups of chili, instead of 4. What a great concept! I actually bought a large container of cottage cheese and dished it into the 1/2 cup mark. This is a fantastic new discovery for anyone who struggles with portion sizes. Here is the link if you want to get more information, I might have to get a whole set. :0)

http://shopmeasureupbowl.com/category.sc?categoryId=2

Now, if you'll excuse me I'm going to go have some cereal in my new bowl!

No comments:

Post a Comment